Veritas r8 key pad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a veritas R8 panel with 2 remote pads. The pads are becoming worn and some of the numbers are rubbing off so I was thinking of updating them both. Can anyone recommend any key pads that would be compatible with my system?

I also have an informer which has developed a fault, can you recommend any similar product?

Any input appreciated

Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
I think you will find that you can only use kepads that are designed to work with a particular panel

So you will have to use the KeyPads from Texecom designed to work with the Veritas R8 panel (You cant use Texecom Premier Keypads) only If your panel is a R8+ you could use the Excel KeyPad. Otherwise you will have to stick with the R8 LED one.

You can however buy replacement membranes (with new numbers etc) quite cheap so you dont have to change the whole KP

You can get a full replacement Keypad for £16.79 + VAT or a KeyPad Button Kit for £2.95 + VAT from here http://www.vfmalarms.co.uk/show_cat2.php?catid=4

Hi sandylyon

Thanks for the reply. I have seen the membranes which may be an option. I did want to upgrade a little if poss. Would he excel be compatible?

Andy

Sponsored Links
My understanding is the Excel Keypad can only be used with the R8+ version of the R8 panels, although it may be worth emailing Texecom to confirm.

You can't use the Texecom Premier KeyPads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back