Veritas R8 - zone fault but no corresponding PIR!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Bought a house with a Veritas R8 alarm. Seller just left us the default code. 3 PIRs in house down as 2-4. We tested it, seemed to set and work fine, then changed the code.

Now when we try to set the alarm, it wont work and zone 1 is lit up and beeping.

What is confusing us is we don't know what zone 1 could be as we only have 3 PIRs and they are down as 2-4.

Grateful for advice, thanks.

Sponsored Links
however not sure why it no longer sets as you say you have just changed the user code.

Soif you type your code in and press Prog what happens?

If is older then it be code 00.

Faulty door contact more than likely or a door that’s open that you are unaware that is on the system …

Sponsored Links
@secureiam @sparkymarka Thanks. I've checked the front and porch doors and whilst I don't know what a door contact looks like, there's nothing on the door or frames.

Here's what happens after taking the action you advised, @secureiam :

1000069056.jpg

Also, worth me saying it does the same on those steps when I enter "1234" and then also when I enter our personal code. Doesn't do anything with "4321" (they were both codes we were given)

You have to press either FULL or PART after your code OR if quick set is enabled. Pressing just FULL will set the system RESET will cancel setting before it has armed otherwise your code unsets it

you have access to both engineers code and user codes which is a good thing.

For setting the alarm see above.

If zone one is faulty you can program that off and use a timed exit (veritas is usually set to a timed exit.

And if you have a pir in the hallway usually zone 2 that can be. Hanged to e/e.

Then when you get a replacement door contact you can change it to how it should be.

Do you have anything on the door and door frame?

With all the lights illuminated press 06 prog and you will be in walk test, if zone 1 light is permanently lit than that zone is active and as mentioned before it is likely to be a faulty door contact. Press reset repeatedly until you exit to day mode.

You might be able to get one from Amazon on prime before Christmas or local shop if you know a electrical shop or alarm shop locally to you.

But might be easier to get afterwards if it is faulty or you no longer have a door contact.

Zone 1 normally, but not always, is the entry / exit zone and more often than not it will be a simple door contact.

Seen this a few times, replace the switch and magnet, or you could link out zone 1 just as a check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back