Vibrating shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just changed my thermostatic mixer shower for similar type but when i turn on and off i get vibration noises , i talked to the manufacturer and they said loose pipes, but all i did was change the shower on the two stubbs coming through wall .
When i queried them again they said it cant be anything else because its just a " lump of brass" my gut feeling is that it could be to do with the cartridge ? has anyone had similar problem they could share with me .
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Non return valve debris is very possible also the thermostat if its a very high pressure system.

What useless manufacturer said it was loose pipes and its just a lump of brass.

When people give you answers like that I think you should always give them credit for there comments. :evil:

Thanks for reply , its not a high pressure system , i dont think there is inbuilt nrv in place and very slim chance of debris , the manufacturer is Deva showers , and i thought the answer was pretty poor to say the least cheers ..

A lot of Deva showers do have nrvs as a lot of there ranges are wras approved and or tmv 2 approved. When first installed Nrvs sometimes need a tickle, seems strange I know but they have been sat there dry for some time and they need to be opened and closed a couple of times.

Also when on the minimum pressure on gravity feed they are not able to open properly so they open and the spring pushes them back this can happen very fast and cause the vibration.

If you are sure there are no NRVs then recalibrate the thermostat and see if this eliminates the issue.

I have generally always found them helpful when contacting them call again speak to another person.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Technotim for your help , sounds like you would be good for there customer service dept :LOL:

Hmm I do already run a Customer helpline also technical department for a Large retailer I think I have my hands full with that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back