Viessman WB1A - flue gasket leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vitodens 100 Boiler that is leaking inside the unit. Took me a while to figure out where it was leaking but I can see it leaks at the top of the heat exchanger where the flue gasket is. I've visually inspected it by temporarily removing the vent pipe adapter and it doesn't look to be pinched or anything.
This unit has only been installed a couple of years ago but I think it was leaking last year and it was just mis-diagnosed as the p-trap adapter being clogged.
Should I just clean it to ensure there's no grit on the seal?
New gasket I guess would be a simple swap just not sure it's the problem unless that is a maintenance thing that should be done like any seal.

I could post a url to the picture if it helped.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Call a registered gas man.
I will do that if necessary just thought if this was an issue someone else has run into before then might be an easy fix. I'm not looking to disassemble the heat exchanger or anything just checking on a water leak.

We don't advise any DIYer to even open the sealed combustion chamber!

Call the RGI !

Sponsored Links
ok guys. Just found this site when looking for some assistance.
I'l reach out to a Heating Company today.

I see that MysteryMan is still alive and reading the forum!

That's when not chatting to Alec!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back