Viessmann 111-w

So with this in mind and back to my original question what controls are recommended?

I have also been looking at water softeners. Viessmann have said it is ok to fill the system with softened water so no need for a separate supply before the softener for the filling loop. However, most of the water softenerrs I have looked at have either 15mm or 22mm connections. Bearing this in mind what will the benefit be of having a bigger mains pipe feeding the house if the pipe is then reduced when it gets to the softener?

Sponsored Links
This gas installer bloke you trust and have used before (but none the less you got two other hopefuls round to waste their unpaid time) - does he not know anything about water softeners, flow rates and boilers?

Two of the three quotes I received were from viessmann accredited installers and one wasn't, the one that wasn't is most likely the guy that I will be using as he has previously completed gas/plumbing work for me and the work was carried out to a good standard.

He has not been rated on his knowledge of water softeners, just on gas/plumbing work!

Sponsored Links
This gas installer bloke you trust and have used before (but none the less you got two other hopefuls round to waste their unpaid time) - does he not know anything about water softeners, flow rates and boilers?

I haven't asked him yet, it was something I only started thinking about on Monday night after I started reading some other posts. I thought I would ask the question on here as we were discussing the incoming pipe size.

With regards to wasting other plumbers time, all three quotes have come in at roughly the same level. If one of the other two were considerably cheaper then I would have gone with him and therefore it wouldn't have been a waste of his time would it? Unfortunately that is what happens when you get quotes, you have to get more than one to ensure you are not getting ripped off and you can only give the job to one person.

So you didn't trust your trusted man not to rip you off?

Anyway, we are going a little off topic now.

Can we get back to water softeners and controls please

Why do so many people think they are going to be ripped off?

If anyone used that expression to me then I would walk away or refuse to quote! But then I don't have to do any work.

Its like suggesting that I am going to steal from them.

Tony

I have had a couple of bad experiences in the past I am afraid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back