Viessmann vitodens 100-w, making single bang

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Looking for some help with my 5 month old combi viessmann pls (vitodens 100, 35kw). It was professionally installed in November. Already had 1 issue so far when the ignition cable needed to be replaced by manufacturer engineer. Then was working fine for last 2 months.

Last week some of the downstairs rads were not getting hot, isolated to those furthest from the circuit. Bled all of them in the house and hardly any air came out. then decided to finally re-balance the system as one of the downstairs rads had always been belting out and it had annoyed me.

Rebalance worked and all rads now warming up and relatively stable.

However the rebalance seems to have introduced a new problem. There's now a single loud bang coming from the boiler, once the wall thermostat is up to temp, (honeywell) and it stops asking for heat. doesn't happen every time the heating shuts off.

Any help appreciated. When the boiler is cold pressure is just a sniff above 1 bar pressure, and temp on boiler display for rads reaches up to 74 degrees,

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think I would look to get the boiler installer back to check it as its only a few months old.

I recently bought the b1ld010 combi (Vitodens 100-W 35kw too). Does your have the built in 46 litre storage cylinder?
How do you rate the boiler apart from this one issue?

Hello,

Looking for some help with my 5 month old combi viessmann pls (vitodens 100, 35kw). It was professionally installed in November. Already had 1 issue so far when the ignition cable needed to be replaced by manufacturer engineer. Then was working fine for last 2 months.

Last week some of the downstairs rads were not getting hot, isolated to those furthest from the circuit. Bled all of them in the house and hardly any air came out. then decided to finally re-balance the system as one of the downstairs rads had always been belting out and it had annoyed me.

Rebalance worked and all rads now warming up and relatively stable.

However the rebalance seems to have introduced a new problem. There's now a single loud bang coming from the boiler, once the wall thermostat is up to temp, (honeywell) and it stops asking for heat. doesn't happen every time the heating shuts off.

Any help appreciated. When the boiler is cold pressure is just a sniff above 1 bar pressure, and temp on boiler display for rads reaches up to 74 degrees,

Thanks
Are you on 1 heating zone or 2?

Sponsored Links
I recently bought the b1ld010 combi (Vitodens 100-W 35kw too). Does your have the built in 46 litre storage cylinder?
The 111 has a storage vessel.
Awesome boiler.

Hi, sorry for delayed reply. We've got the B1HC, so I think it comes without the storage cylinder. So far it performs as I'd expect any boiler too, but with the ignition cable failing and it developing this new noise, not that impressed for the money and expectation it was a premium product. Albeit the noise may not be related to the boiler

Are you on 1 heating zone or 2?

Hi, sorry for delayed reply, and thanks for your help.

Boiler heats the whole house, no zones. I recently opened up the lock shields on the rads a little more, and it seems to have reduced the noise a little. I've also cleaned out the magnetic filter (which was pretty clean)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back