Viessmann Vitodens 100e heating issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone I’m looking for advice as I’m struggling to get any sense out of the locals. I have a Veissmann Vitodens 100e in my holiday home in Italy. The boiler needs a certified maintenance every two years which has to be done by a Veissmann authorised person. It’s weird there, plumbers can install new systems but don’t do annual maintenance and the authorised service people don’t do installs.
When the boiler was serviced the technician showed me the burner cone which was distorted and said it should really be replaced but said the part was around £500. At that price I thought it might make more sense to replace it but 6 weeks later can’t get anyone to come and give me a price probably because it’s a little remote.
I’ve now gone back to getting this thing fixed. The hot water works perfectly with no problem but when the heating comes on within minutes it’s starts doing what seems like a backfire. This then keeps happening every 30seconds to 1minute although the radiators start to get warm they can’t reach temperature.
When I checked the price of the spare part I found it retails at around £120 I would just like to be in a position where I’m not thinking I’m being ripped off and realistically if the solution is a new boiler then that’s what I will go for. At the moment because of the scary noise the heating is off and the boiler fires up on demand for hot water with no issues.
Thanks in advance if anyone has an idea as to what might be going on.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back