Visonic PowerMax+ Telephone Dialling Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just installed my PowerMax+ and I'm having problems getting it to dial my private number when the alarm is activated.

I'm getting an intermittent Line Failure message - sometimes the trouble light is off and other times it is on. Also, when I arm the alarm and trigger it I do not get a phone call.

This is how I have it connected:

- I have used the supplied cable with a BT connector on one end and an RJ11 on the other. I cut off the RJ11 connector, stripped back the red and green (two inner conductors) and connected them to the Line terminal on the PowerMax+

- I have BT broadband, so connected the BT phone connector (on the cable plugged into the PowerMax+) to a line filter

I have set the private number to dial in the Define Coms settings within the PowerMax+ menu.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, can anyone help?

Thanks
Peter

Sponsored Links
Ok, solved this....

It wasn't the centre two conductors that needed to be connected (as mentioned in my quick start guide), but the outer two conductors.

These then connect to pins 2 and 5 in the BT wall socket via the BT plug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back