Vivaro cutting out intermitantly 1.9dti 2005

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys wondered if anyone had experience with the same problem

Basicly cut a long story short had the van a year its on 63k done 20k in the year ive had it and its been faultless. Recently it cut out at a junction, started and ran fine for 1/4 mile before cutting out and refused to start. i felt it was something to do with the fuel so topped tank up to full at side of the road, after repeat attempts of starting, lots of smoke, cutting back out and no power it finally ran and i got it 25miles home hassle free.
Once home i changed the fuel filter incase and when using it the next day i got a couple of miles down the road and the same happened so took it to a local garage whom i trust and he had it a few days and gave me it back yesterday
He replaced the air flow meter as the fault occured with him but on disconnecting the AFM it seemed to cure the fault so part replaced and phone call to say come and take it.
Got a mile away from the garage and its done the same thing so tomorrow will be going into vauxhall. Its had diagnostics done on it and comes up with no faults and can run fine but then completly die.

I was wondering if anyone can take any guess at what else may cause it to be so intermitantly snd if it may be worth concidering putting it through the auctions instead of throwing money at it ?
any advice much appriciated

Ray

Sponsored Links
common fault, i dont know whats its called but as you lift the bonnet and look to your right there is a round black thingy with a wire going into the side of it. check that is on properly and attached. if it doesnt start, wiggle this plug or lift it slightly, i have known three vivaros of people i know have the same problem, just cuts out for no reason. i think its an air sensor switch, but not 100%

Sponsored Links
Back