Vokera 20/80 RS Flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been having some trouble recently with my combi boiler (Vokera 20/80 RS Flowmatic).

First off, the hot water comes up to decent temperature, but only when flowing slowly. Filling a sink isn't too bad, filling a bath is a nightmare.

Next, although at cold the pressure is set to 1-1.5, when the heating is on it constantly trips out at 3bar (is it bar?)

Finally, yesterday, it stopped providing cold water. It did produce the clicking sound when turning on the tap but its stopped doing that now. I tried the heating last night, which worked. After 10 minutes i tired it again it wouldn't ignite.

I have only been here since Dec and i suggest the boiler has never been serviced.

Any suggestions, and can anyone recommend someone in the Manchester/Worsley area?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Boiler can be serviced (in fact am rebuilding same model left in a state by a service provider).

Do pick some one who is familiar with the boiler. Test would be to ask if you could watch him working. If he is not familar with the model, he will get hot under the collar with you hanging about. If he know the boiler operation, he might even explain why the boiler is malfunctioning.

Do not entertain the boiler changers. This boiler is well build (old it might be) with a few years of service yet. It definately will not cost you anything like a steamer that is on its knees for repairs.

Cheers - did do a search and read through the other posts and got that feeling. Very helpful to have this kind of independent advice.

Anyone suggest someone in my area for a quick-call out?

Sponsored Links
See faq - Boiler Pressure Problems. Exp vessel needs pumping up.

Don't expect any repair on this boiler to be be quick, unless the repairer happens to be a dab hand and have all the bits ready. It's old, it'll have several things not as they were, even if they aren't causing a major failure..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back