Vokera 24/96 Flowmatic heating/hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Initially had a heating engineer round to look at our Vokera 24/96 Flowmatic boiler which had hot water but was firing up only for roughly 15secs and then cutting out with no heat going to radiators. He replaced the pump which seemed to work for 2 hours, but after this reverted back to previous symptoms. Got plumber back and he briefly mentioned a seemingly "not worth fixing" diverter valve problem and tried to sell a new boiler as the only option, so thought to leave him and investigate it myself with the maintenance instructions. I'm an engineering student so do have a fair bit of knowledge even though non-specific.

A few days later and the boiler does not ignite at all. I traced this to be caused by the flow microswitch lever not moving inwards enough to release due to the pin not retracting fully (only about 2mm short of required amount to make switch - can manually manipulate switch inward by this small amount so that boiler can ignite). When I manually release switch lever for CH radiators come on but are very slow to heat up in comparison to the first, could this be related?

In addition HW is only functioning properly with CH demand.

Pump and fan seem to be running, pressure 1.5 bar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Regularly service this boiler and carry parts for it.

DP thanks for the advice and speedy reply. Will look into getting it serviced properly as it hasn't been done in years, in the short term trying to find a solution to this particular problem to see us through the winter!

From reading the maintenance instructions cover to cover about 3 times now and following the flow charts etc. i've been led to suspect the parts around the CH manifold may not be functioning properly, most probably the diaphragm?

Would you say that is plausible given the info I've given?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back