Vokera 28e boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water supply from my Vokera 28e boiler is almost non existant. When atap is turned on the gas ignites, but extinguishes after about 15 seconds. it then ignites agin after about 45 seconds, but only for aboit 15 seconds. thison / off cycle continues.

A heating enginer replaced a rubber "grommet" which hesaid would solve the problem, but it didn't.

A second heating engineer toldme to flush the system, as the heat exchanger was clogged with "muck". I used th flushing agent he suggeted, leaving it in th system for 6 wek ( he had suggeted 4 weeks). If anything, it's now worse, wth almost no hot water.

Does anyonehave a sugestion as to th cause of my problem?

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your boiler has a plate heat exchanger which is blocked.

It needs to be removed and cleaned or replaced.

You seem to have a knack of calling incompetent engineers. Are they genuine or just people you meet in the pub?

I was once called out to a boiler which had been messed up by some idiot. It turned out the houseowner had been mentioning his boiler problem in his local pub and the barman jumped in and said that he could fix boilers!

All the barman did was to mess it up!

Motto, call a professional and not a bodger. Then expect the professional to do the job properly! No-fix no-fee!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back