vokera boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cn someone tell me what the advantages are between a vokera linea and a vokera hydra condensing boiler

Sponsored Links
Are you really asking what the relative advantages are of condensing boilers over non-condensing boilers (assuming the Linea is still non-condensing)? It's best to keep the question as straight forward as possible.

Whatever the perceived advantages, only a condensing boiler can be fitted now under the Building Regulations, except in very special circumstances.

Tony Glazier

The linea is the ford pop of boilers. Not farmiliar with the other one. I wouldn't fit either.

Sponsored Links
The Linea is now produced in an HE version with a recuperator. Generally a well tried and tested boiler without any particular problems. A "Ford Mondeo" of boilers, simple reliable and reasonably priced and one that everyone should fit.

The "Hydra" is not listed as one of their current range and not something that I can identify.

Be aware that sometimes people put questions like this for fun to see the response. Very occasionally as part of market research to judge the public perception of various models.

Most postings though are by slightly misguided individuals!

Tony

Just to add a little info.

The Linea HE has a completely new modern case and controls design but is based on the Linea series with the addition of a recouperator. It usually has a two year guarantee.

The Hydra 26 looks like the original Linea but is condensing and usually has a one year guarantee. It is on sale via some internet dealers but is NOT included in the UK Vokera product list. Perhaps its an European model which is subject to "grey" imports?

The newest design premix burner Vokera model is the Syntesi range. Being new on the market they have no reliability reputation yet but will be rather more efficient with lower NOX emissions.

Tony Glazier

Actually I am sorry I shouldn't make sport of Vokera. They I think hold the largest share of the UK domestic market. When we turn up to repairs if they are Vokera's we're usually quite pleased, mostly we can fix them and they are generally economic to repair.

I'll give you Mark II Cortina for a Linea!

Unless you are in a habbit of fitting a make and a model to suit customer requirement, and also are a heating engineer who services/ maintains and repairs boiers, you are unlikely to have complete picture of what is good and what is not so good.

I have found current Vokera boiler to be no better and no worst in comparison to other makes with similar features. What has to be said of Vokera is that the spares are far cheaper than most home grown boilers and the access to most components within the boiler (for the engineer), is the tops. Technical helpline is probably the fastest when it comes to answering the calls.

Give me a Mondeo any day if rapid technical help is on tap, boiler components are easy to reach (both to buy and fit) and the technical manual well laid out

Went to a Vokera installed in '91 that was ready to be ripped off the wall as there had been ongoing operational issues for the last three years. Talked the client out of that idea. Boiler serviced and flow diaphragm replaced. Boiler had not been serviced- all it had seen was a 'sweep' of the combustion chamber. This boiler will still be supplying heat and hot water when new superefficient boilers, like Ideal Isar are long gone. The ideal (which I also looked at yesterday) is two years old. No display. New PCB is going to cost plenty

Paul, I dont think that Vokera have the largest market share in the UK. Perhaps they did about 10 years ago but all the information I have available says they do not.

Because the manufacturers are cagey over the number of boilers they sell I will respect that and not seek to divulge anything. However their sales brochure says "with over a million boilers fitted in the UK" so you can work out roughly how many they sell per year.

I have never favoured their brand ever since having to move my car to about a mile away where it was likely to be vandalised just so that their then owner could park his Rolls!

I have a set of alloy wheels for a Mk II Cortina which you can have for free but they have to be collected from Leamington.

Tony Glazier

Yes DP I have to agree. I put a service kit in the diverter valve of a linea the other day, what an easy job that was, compared to say changing the diaphragm in a Euro Combi, chalk and cheese. On the euro combi you have to remove the whole DV because they put the screws to access the diaphragm the wrong way. You're consequentially on the job about two hours trying to fix all the leaks.

Whereas the Vokera O ring kit is a five minute job and no leaks.

The boiler I solely fit and not just because they gave me a sweat shirt for ordering a pallet at a time, state that they have the second largest market share in Europe, second to Vokera.

And which brand is that?

European sales are another thing, each country has its own favourites. France probably have a few Chaufs and worse still some Saunier Duvals.

And where do you place the Group ownerships, isnt Vaillant, Glow-worm, Saunier Duval and Protherm all in the same pot now?

Also regional effects can be interesting. I came to the conclusion that Feroli have 30% of the combi market in Birmingham but you hardly ever see them in London.

tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back