Vokera Excel 80SP, Burners blowing out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone out there can give me some good advise.

I have a VE80SP mounted in the bathroom with the flue going through the wall. The outlet is in a driveway. The vent is approx 5m from ground level. In windy :oops: weather the burners on the boiler keep blowing out (this only happens when its windy). I assume that the draught that is whistling down the alley is entering the flue terminal and blowing the flame out. The boiler fires back up right away no problem. Can you buy cowls that have internal wind flaps that stop this problem? This problem is driving me nuts!!! :evil: since when its windy the hot water cycles from hot to cold as the burners are on and off. In calm weather the boiler works fine

I look forward to you answers :D

Sponsored Links
This shouldn't happen on a balanced flue (where air inlet and flue outlet are subjected to the same external air pressure fluctuations. I suspect that your flue is not properly assembled, or the combustion box cover is not sealed properly. These things should be checked by a Corgi reg. engineer.

I am a little confused here.

Surely this boiler is only produced with a fanned flue?

If this is the case, then the fan should be able to operate the boiler irrespective of the wind on the terminal which is largely balanced.

I think its much more likely that the air pressure switch is dropping out and the flame is going out because the gas valve has shut off the gas.

You must NOT obscure the flue with anything as that could be dangerous.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I will only say this once.

Get the boiler servicxed PROPERLY' Absolutely nothing wrong with the boiler or the flue system or combustion chamber cover

How the bloody hell is the wind blowing out the main Burner????

i would get someone in sharpish

Thanks for them replys,

If I read the answers correctly, theres nothing major wrong with the boiler, it just needs as good service. Anything that requires cleaning or adjusting will be sorted out then.

Thanks to all
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back