Vokera Excell 80SP, can I do this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have 4 radiators to plumb into the central heating system. My plumber left capped tails and I have to pipe them to the new rads.

I don't want to rush the job, but my family will need hot water if I don't get finished in a day.

If I turn the selector to hot water only, can the boiler be left on to supply hot water with no pressure in the radiator loop?

Many thanks in advance,
Alex.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can if you isolate the boiler from the valves underneath.

As long as the boilers pressurised it can continue to give hot water then providing the valves dont leak you can take as long as you like.

Tony

You are supposed to leave a primary loop of at least 1m on this model and not operate with F/R valves closed.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all your advice.
I will shut it down as I don't want to risk doing any harm.

Alex.

Spend a tenner on a couple of decent valves and you can fit them, refill and take as long as you like?

Update.. Got it all done in 12 hours :D
Had one or two little weepy leaks on the connections between the valve and radiator, but I removed them and doubled up on the ptfe tape. (about 15 turns!!)

I had one further weepy leak i.e. small spot of water on a tissue, but it had gone by the next morning :confused:
Is this sort of thing normal :?: Could the tiny leak get blocked by small debris in the water?
I don't want to add my Fernox until im sure its all good.

Alex.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back