vokera flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had BG round to service my boiler and was told to have a new diaphragm and 3-way valve fitted before they will insure. bg said would charge £120.
boiler appears to be working ok although it does rattle a bit at times when gas is pumping through although when mean-temp is turned up to 80c it disappears although rads with thermostats are roasting.
boiler is 13 years old. only moved into house last year. what should i do, buy a new one or have repair done. how efficient are these boilers. cost a fortune last winter in gas although i think i have a handle on it now with operating

Sponsored Links
You dont explain what the problem is !

If the diaphragm is failed then the boiler would not turn on when you run a hot tap ???

If the three way valve is not working properly you will get hot rads when running hot water for a while ???

If neither of these faults are present then it sounds as if they are demanding a "penalty payment" before taking you old boiler onto their scheme.

Their first year's £320 would go half way towards buying a new boiler!

Tony

its unusual for them to refuse a contract simply for the reasons you stated. they would refuse it if they were serious defects that affected the operation of the boiler and the engineer cannot really come back with those parts unless the defects were highlighted by the customer on the initial contact with the callcentre.

as tony says the cost of the repair plus your contract for the year would go some way towards a new boiler but remember you have to get it fitted properly too.

not sure how tony has guessed you are paying £320 though. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back