Vokera Linea 24 - Error code 03 & 04 when demand for Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking for some help again with my Vokera Linea 24.
All is fine on the CH side it's just DHW thats the issue.
When I turn on a tap the boiler fires up and after a couple of seconds goes from error 04 to 03 and the burner goes on and off. If the leave the tap on it appears to rectify itself and will operate as normal.
However it appears to be happening more often and takes longer to settle.
I could hear a relay clicking on and off in the boiler, when the error codes were being displayed, and on checking the PCB it appears to be coming from one of the 3 large white ones.
Boiler pressure is fine and sits between 1 and 1.5. Fan runs fine and as previously stated no issues with CH.
Do I need a new PCB or could it be something tripping the relay.
As ever your help and advice is much appreciated.

Vokera PCB.jpg

Sponsored Links
These boilers are notorious for the relays to get noisy and then to start to fail when they get old and it is getting on a bit now. The 03 (fan) and 04(pressure) codes will probably just be getting thrown up because the relay has an intermittent fault.

That being said I would always get a professional out to check it over and diagnose on site. They will also need to ensure everything is running correctly if a new PCB is fitted.

Thanks @Madrab.
The boiler is 23 years old now, it has lasted well, but I'm starting to thing its maybe time to put the old girl to rest and get a newer more efficeint one.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @Madrab.
The boiler is 23 years old now, it has lasted well, but I'm starting to thing its maybe time to put the old girl to rest and get a newer more efficeint one.

Flameport has a point and you can decide what to do according to your budget.

I would just make the point that the only Vokera boiler that is a straight swap with Linea pipe layout now is the Unica Max, the other models in the range have a revised pipe layout.

The Unica Max is the top of the range, available as 30, 35 and 40kW and has a 10 year guarantee.

I work for Vokera so declare an interest.

Thanks for all your replies.
Your probably right, for the cost of a PCB compared to a new boiler it would make sense to keep it going.
My thinking was more to do with how efficeint/reliable it will be compared to a new one. Some say a 23 year old boiler is only 75% but a new one will be 95% efficeint. However maybe thats a question for another day.

Must agree with @ flameport, if it is found to be the PCB is at fault then as long as the boiler is in good condition and has been well looked after then no reason not to keep it.

yes a new boiler will be more efficient but as mentioned it would take a few lifetimes to recoup the cost of a new boiler just on efficiency savings alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back