Vokera linea range 03 error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In November our Linea range Vokera boiler started playing up. At first, it was intermittently and then started happening all the time when the heating was on or when the hot water was turned on. I rang up a local boiler repair guy, who came out to have a look at it a few days later. The day before he came out it stopped showing this error code, which in the booklet says a fan/flue problem. We told the repair guy this and he just serviced the boiler instead. He did mention before he left about the temperature sensor being on its last legs but that he wouldn't replace it there and then. We thought this was a bit odd as it would have saved him coming out again but everything seemed fine again with the boiler.

Just before Christmas the boiler started erroring with the same code again. We left it until the second week in January and rang the repair man who couldn't get to us until the following week. He then had to cancel and is now coming at the weekend. We've been managing with sneaking the boiler on for spurts along with a heater but the hot water has totally stopped now and as soon as we turn the heating on the boiler error's at us after a minute or two. My husband and I know nothing about boilers so I was wondering if anyone could give me some knowledge about what our problem could potentially be? And how much it could roughly cost? I think the service with this repair man set us back £55 in November and he couldn't give me a price over the phone as he needs to check exactly what the problem is. The boiler is around 11 years old I believe. Could we possibly be in need of a new boiler? I'm hoping this isn't going to be a big expensive job as we are quite skint at the moment but it definitely needs doing with us having 2 little ones in the house and another due in a few weeks!

Any insight would be fantastic :)

Sponsored Links
These are totally repairable boilers!

At the top you could probably get a Vokera fixed price repair for about £220 ( ? )

But a local independent should be cheaper! It all depends on whats wrong. A non working boiler is easy to diagnose.

I do have to say your chosen RGI seems to take too long to get to you. I would expect a visit within 24 hours in most cases. Most of the time I can go the same day!

Tony

£55.00 for a full service is cheap. What you possibly got was a 'spring' clean with a duster or a hoover.

A faulty or a sensor 'on the way out', would throw a fault code

Suspect you guy is not familiar with this boiler hence he is 'hopeing' you go away.

Next person or same guy if he calls, ask him to look at the fan and its associated components. Also do check his Gas Safe Card.

I would also only charge £55 for a boiler service on a non pre mix.

But thats only during the summer when all boiler services should be done when RGIs are not so busy.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you.

I was speaking to a neighbour who recommended a repair man who literally lives just around the corner. He's just called round now and said its the circuit board. He needs to get me a price and will call tomorrow with it. Will this be pretty costly? I'm guessing so! :(

THAT I would take with a pinch of salt unless the fan area has BEEN CHECKED OUT before PCB is concluded to be the problem area..

Do ask the guy if replacement PCB does not fix the fault, will you then not be charged for the PCB.

Tony, for £55.00, what would you do to this boiler that will be classed as a service? How long would you service take.

Either you are speculating or plucking figures from thin air or even quoting a price for which you have intention of doing a call. I would charge more than that just for a gas report. I would not even get out of bed for £55.00. Travel on bus would still not cover your overheads. I take it for that price it is money in back pocket, HMRC not informed.

I am very confused, so do help me out here as to what you are thinking, which no doubt will be without fault.:confused:

Thought I'd just update.

Had a third boiler repair man out today. The second one called back to tell me the pcb would be in the region of £400 to repair and he would personally just replace the boiler rather than waste the money on it. I wasn't 100% happy with that answer, hence having a third repair man come round.

He took the cover off and the cover to the chamber. The fault wasn't happening when the chamber cover was off. He spoke to vokera over the phone and seemed pretty confident that it was some tubes at the top of the boiler which were inside the chamber. I'm assuming these were the Venturi tubes? Anyway, he cleaned them and our heating and hot water is now fixed. Thank you all for your advice. I think I've found our new go to man if we have any problems with the boiler in future. I was telling him about what the other repair man had said and he told me that he was talking rubbish. Just glad I managed to find someone who knew what they were doing and who was honest!

Sorry but I wouldnt put too much faith in your new engineer either if he had to call Vokera to find out that this was the fault after removing the combustion cover and it worked OK then he knows nothing about your boiler

Or pretty much any SE boiler for that matter.

Surely this guy is better than the one who wanted to replace the PCB :D

True and he didn't want £400 either. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back