vokera mynute 28se banging and guage fluctuating wildly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
i have a a banging noise coming from the boiler and it shudders and the gauge bounces around wildly when the central heating is off.It also expels water continuously from the outside pressure release pipe.Pressure also at zero every 24 hrs or so and has to be topped up through the filling loop. Boiler has also started leaking water from the front lower left hand side on to the shelf below during the shuddering, gauge bouncing performance.
Would really appreciate some help .Thanks

Sponsored Links
you need to check the pressure in the expansion vessel, sooner rather than later - see FAQ

Thanks for the quick reply Mick. I have an external vessel as far as i know mounted on the hot water cylinder(i may be wrong) i have now noticed the boiler is leaking worse and is now constant dripping from the left hand side .Is it time to shut off the water supply and drain the system before it goes boom! ??
Ed

I have just removed the front covers and found the built in ch pump pipe unions to be very loose indeed and pi55ing water out. Have re-tightened and now dry. Have found the large red spare tyre in the back of boiler and will check and adjust air pressure to suit.Hopefully this will help.Thank you Mick for your quick response.
Ed

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply Mick. I have an external vessel as far as i know mounted on the hot water cylinder(i may be wrong) i have now noticed the boiler is leaking worse and is now constant dripping from the left hand side .Is it time to shut off the water supply and drain the system before it goes boom! ??
Ed

that ain't for the boiler

the one on the boiler is
as mick says check the FAQ ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back