Vokera Sabre HE Condensing Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone - 1st Post. Hopefully not have too many more!

I have a few queries with regards to the above boiler.

* Hot Water is working fine.

When I turned my heating on the other night it took a while to start up with the green light flashing every 0.5 seconds. (so I dug the old manual out and this indicated a temporary fault and advised to wait). So I waited a 'few' hours (6) and the heating started to work. I switched the boiler off (standby mode) heading to bed that night.

Last night I had the same problem with the green light flashing every 0.5 seconds. So I decided to start bleeding the system - only I couldn't as the drain valve had conveniently frozen up. Tried hot water on it but to no avail. So I started bleeding the rads (no air from any) Then I just let one rad bleed out into a small tub whilst keeping the pressure topped up. So I closed that up while making a few calls and then the heating fired up 5 mins later.

So same episode today. Tried to put heating on - Light advised wait. Bled the highest rad and let out around a pint of water out. Closed up, repressurised and its working again 5 mins later.

The system also has a tiny leak somewhere. Although I'm sure it's something a doze of Fernox will fix.

I should add being a Joiner, I got my close friend to fit this boiler (a Gas Safe Registered Heating Eng). I trust him 100% that he's done the job correct. I don't want to call him to let him know I have problems when it was only fitted 9 months ago!

Any ideas whats going on?

Thanks for your time guys.

Sponsored Links
You'll just have to call him and ask what is going wrong. You probably don't really want to hear this, but Sabres are junk and far from reliable; the cause could be any of half a dozen things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back