VRC 430 Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im having some issues with how my VRC 430 is working.

I currently have it set up to:

Currently on Auto showing 18.5c as the room temp
outside temp: 10c

mo-su
0630-0830 17.5c
1630-2200 17.5c

night setback to 10c
heating curve 2.5

even though it is 1c about the requested temp its still heating the rads every so oftern? Should this be doing this?

Im used to a simple timer with a room stat so this doesnt seem quite right to me.

Sponsored Links
Have you got the VRC430 sensor set to thermostat or modulating or is it off?

Screen C8 is where you will find the setting.

Is it mounted on a wall in the living space?

yes it is doing what it should, that is maintain the house at the programmed temperatures....to do that it needs to put heat in the house when it is cooler outside than in....

Have you got the VRC430f sensor set to thermostat or modulating or is it off?

Screen C8 is where you will find the setting.

Is it mounted on a wall in the living space?

Thanks for the reply.

This is the wired version and is in the downstairs hall wall mounted.

It was set to off but I have now set it to thermostatic. Or should this b modulating?

Steve

Sponsored Links
either it does not matter, although with thermostatic it will behave more as you expect...it should turn off when the room is at the set temperature...

Stevet1984 said:
It was set to off but I have now set it to thermostatic. Or should this b modulating?

Steve

I have found thermostat to be far better, with modulating it would overheat a lot. And anyway the most efficient mode of any sort of plant is 'off'!

if things are overheating then the system is set up wrong, the curve too high...and yes the thermostat setting will sort that out, I am curious why modulating does not either..

off does of course stop energy being used, but in frequently occupied spaces modulating should certainly keep a stable temperature and use fuel efficiently with low temperature radiators...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back