waht mortar mix to use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to build a kitchen structure of breeze blocks and then render on top. The small (approx 1 meter high) wall will be built on a concrete floor.
I would like to know what mixture of mortar i.e. sand and cement to put between the blocks. It is to be done in Italy so would appreciate some help, as it will be easier for me to have some insider knowledge before I start.

Sponsored Links
Firstly you will need to build your wall on a concrete footing...unless your "floor" is a concrete raft.

are you building this as a feature in the kitchen as its only 1 metre high ie part of the kitchen units etc?

I want to build a series of small uprights that will support a work surface. This will then become my 'rustic' kitchen. The floor was once earth and concrete in parts, and was the stable on the ground floor. A builder then concreted over the lot!

Sponsored Links
Can you tell me what are 'feb'? I have seen a kitchen like the one I want to build and it was made thus. I think it's the easiest option.

feb=mortar plasticiser.........makes the pug flow off the trowel better ;) may not be available in Italy, but not essential. In my opinion , for a small wall.

mariangela said:
Can you tell me what are 'feb'? I have seen a kitchen like the one I want to build and it was made thus. I think it's the easiest option.

like what nige said but for a little job you could use a bit of washing up liquid ;)

i wouldnt worry about it for the small wall. Ive always been told not to use washing up liquid due to the concentration of salts in it, but each to their own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back