Wall mounted tap issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to secure the valve body of an Abode wall mounted tap.

The issue is that there are no supplied brackets to secure the body to the wall. I've lashed something together in wood, but I'm not happy with it at all as the body doesn't sit square to the wall and it just feels like a bodge.

the instructions found here: http://www.abodedesigns.co.uk/downloads/instructions/ab1187 v1.pdf are complete garbage!

This is the exact tap if anyone is able to advise?

http://www.abodedesigns.co.uk/p/Harmonie-Wall-Mounted-2-Hole-Basin-Mixer-in-Chrome_346.html

Is there a generic bracket that can be used in this instance?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there a generic bracket that can be used in this instance?

In short... Nope!

You haven't stated whether your walls are solid brick/block or timber studwork!

If solid, you'll just have to persevere with screws and packers until it is oriented correctly on all planes! I tend to fix valve bodies floating, using connecting pipework to hold them correctly, then apply screws and packers and then bung some bonding mixed with cement, behind to keep them moulded into the wall.
It a royal pain... Especially when they don't have a flat back!!

Many thanks for your reply, I honestly thought I was missing a trick, however it seems not!

The wall is lightweight block > cavity > rendered breeze.

Sponsored Links
You could screw the valve to some 12mm ply if it has a flat back and you can make it parallel to the ply.
Then squeeze some blobs of gripfill (no nails) into the recess and push and adjust the ply with valve on, until it's in the right spot, that way you can push and pull til right, then let the gripfill go off and it'll be rock solid.

Just make sure you get the protrusion right for the finished tile surface and cover plate(s).

I recently had to put in 5 Vado shower valves with diverters in the same property and there was so little tolerance between min and max depths for the finished tile surface (which were yet to be chosen & different in each room) it was a bloody nightmare :mad::eek::mad::eek:

At least your walls will be easy to carve (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back