Wall Plate Kit or not bother?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm converting my garage to domestic use. I'm bricking up the bottom of the opening up to window height. The walls are solid (no cavity). The bricking up will follow suit (no cavity) with all the insulation going on the inside wall. So the opening will be bricked up with facing bricks on the outside and blocks on the inside. The outside bricks will be toothed into the existing bricks. My question is whether I need to bother with wall plates to stitch in the block internal skin to either side of the opening? Bearing in mind there's no cavity so it'll be touching the outer skin anyway. Required or overkill?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
A wall plate is the timber on the top that the roof rests on.

Do you mean wall starters? If so no you don't need them, but the inner leaf should be tied somehow.

Yeah sorry, I meant wall starter kit. I will be using wall ties to tie it to the outer leaf. So that's enough...no wall starter kit? Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back