Wallpapering advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just removed some lining paper in a bedroom. In some places it literally fell off. We have concrete guttering that bridges the cavity and is a permanent cold spot on one wall, the other area it peeled off easily was behind the radiator. The walls were sized prior to this paper being hung.

As I'm just hanging new Erfurt Red 1400 grade lining paper, was looking for some tips that might prevent a repeat of the above.

TIA

Sponsored Links
A cold spot shouldn't be sufficient grounds for wallpaper paste to "fail".

Did either the paper or walls feel tacky? If yes then it might suggest condensation/damp.

A cold spot shouldn't be sufficient grounds for wallpaper paste to "fail".

Did either the paper or walls feel tacky? If yes then it might suggest condensation/damp.
Had some problems with the concrete gutters a few years ago but had them sorted. The problem could stem from then.

That particular wall rarely gets any sun even in summer. Just ran my hands along it. Cold but not damp or tacky.

I'll just go for it and see how it goes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back