Wallstar oil boiler locking out, air in feed?

Wallstar installation instructions say quite specifically not to use a Tigerloop on their boilers. If you're observing lots of small bubbles in the tube, particularly if they're moving, this is indicative of a leak on the oil line and the whole point of the clear tube is to show when this may be happening. It might not be enough of a leak to let oil out, but smaller air molecules are getting in when the pump is running. Your joints need taking apart and re-making, preferably with some Heldite to seal them

Thanks, makes sense.

Sponsored Links
I suggested this in post 5.

Yes true, I've gone back and thanked you, I hadn't gone ahead with any of the suggestions at the time as it seemed to be working again so assumed it had self righted but agree this is the best place to start now it's happened again.

Sponsored Links
For future reference this has now been fixed! The main issue was the solenoid coil being faulty but the engineer also replaced the nozzle, cleaned the feed/checked pressure and corrected 2 pins which were slightly misaligned.

With the boiler locking out continuously I managed to get this repaired through emergency cover I had with my home insurance, thanks for the help/advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back