Wanting to change electric oven but issue with hob gas pipe and electrical connection to oven.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
just some back ground info. Kitchen was fitted in 2006 with integrated under counter electric oven (cda i believe). above oven is a gas hob.

In 2016 i had the whole house rewired.

The oven has started to fail and before it completely goes i thought i'd order a new one. The new oven has stated that it needs a 16A supply. I've removed the old oven to get the dimensions for fitting and i've come across a couple of issues. Firstly the wiring. The original oven is rated to 2.3KW and is connected via a 3 pin plug to a single "traditional" 13amp socket. That socket is wired using 2.5mm 2 core and earth to a single 16amp RCD on the board. No other appliances are connected to this socket and it purely seems to be for running the oven. The question regarding this is as well as changing the 13amp socket to a 16amp or more switch supply would wiring etc be able to handle load (think new oven is rated to 3.4KW).

Second question- Having removed oven to measure for fitment. i found the gas pipe for the hob to run right up the centre of the opening at the back. This reduces depth to 535mm and i need at least 550mm. is it possible to reroute the pipe to one side and then come in from the top side to hob. Obviously not a diy job just wondering if its a big task or expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help given

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back