wash of bleach on exterior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm painting (white) the exterior pebble dashed walls of our house. I've washed them and sprayed them with a dilute bleach solution, but is there any need to rinse the walls down again or can I just get on and paint them?

Thanks for any responses.

Sponsored Links
what was the bleach for?

Just to kill off any algae and/or moss growing on the wall. I had read somewhere that this was a good idea!! I don't see why there would be a need to wash it off as surely it cant harm the paint can it?

Sponsored Links
you need to brush off the dead moss and algae now.

Thanks for the replies. There was very little on the wall and I removed it when I was washing it with stiff brush. I then just sprayed a dilute bleach solution which may have been overkill but I thought it can only help. I would like to start painting as soon as possible, but I'm not sure whether the wall should be rinsed down before painting.

if it already painted, you can hose it down, but if it is bare brick or stone, the water will just soak in, carrying any residue with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back