Washer/drier, filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
just to rewrite a previous problem i have with my hotpoint washer drier, after use/overnight it seems to be filling slowly with water, i'm not sure whether its connected but our softner draw used to be water logged now its clear, please help. thankyou

please note forum rule 1a, also item g, your other post has now been deleted

Sponsored Links
clean or dirty water?
Clean water = passing inlet valve. replace inlet valve to cure.
Dirty water = back syphoning. Raise drain hose as high as the underside of the sink before going into spigot. Or, if it's into a standpipe, pull it out and only insert the pipe into the standpipe 2 or 3 inches.

Thankyou for the advise i thought it could be something like the valve as the water is clean, thanks again, matt

Sponsored Links
Washer drier has 4 valves, a triple cold valve and a single hot valve.
To determine which is leaking, turn off the cold water at the valve (normally under the sink or thereabouts). If it still fills overnight, switch the cold back on and next night switch off the hot. If it still fills, next night switch both off. If it's still filling then it's dirty water and you need to sort out the drainage.

If after all that it still fills, bottle it and sell it as miracle water. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back