• No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Maybe (please comment!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to decide whether to put a washer dryer in my utility room, or a standard washing machine and a dryer in the integral double garage (over the hall).

My garage is my workshop and is pretty huge (2.5x the standard size) but I don't like the idea of losing the slightest bit of space. I'm already having the old fridge freezer in there (partly my choice, it's becoming the beer fridge!)

Been hearing that I should stick with separate appliances unless I absolutely have to have a combi unit...

What's the general consensus?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
For years I had both, stacked up and hardly ever used the drier.
Now I have an AEG combi.

I way prefer outside drying, or drying on a rack to tumbling.
My combi only dries half the wash load.
But I hardly use it both for the above, and cost.

I live on my own. The situation might be different if there were kids, but I have space.

We have a washer dryer and a young child. For a while we were using the dryer constantly, but now we just don't use it.
The machine has a fast 1600 spin speed. After the wash, we put it on for an extra spin; then on to the line, or out on an airer for a few hours and it's practically dry.

Damp clothes cause condensation though. Do you get any of that hanging them in the house in winter time?

Sponsored Links
Never had a washer drier but also never heard anyone have a good word for them or condenser driers. I have separate units and always use them both. Never found the vented drier to be particularly expensive to run but as someone previously mentioned we have high spin speed on the washer. Unfortunately I also believe that newer driers are now limited to how hot they can get because of energy saving regulations ( but that is a different discussion) so not sure how efficient it would be with new appliances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back