Washing machine doesn't go through the cycle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint WMA 76P that doesn't turn. It fills, seems to start to go through the cycle (without turning) then empties and resets after a few minutes. To date I have checked the water inlets and outlets which both work fine (no blockage in the outlet filter). Removed the motor and checked the thermal cut out (iaw another thread), I have connectivity between each brush lead and a separate pin on the connector and approx 3-4 ohms across the brushes so believe the motor is ok. Anyone know of any other tests I should be attempting (or have a circuit diagram of the machine). Any help gratefully accepted.

Sponsored Links
On those the motor wires sometimes rub on the bottom concrete block. Also the motor wires can sometimes fall out of the plug, either at the motor or circuit board end. Also check for dry joints or burnt copper strips on the circuit board.

Thanks, checked all the cables and connectors as part of the original diagnostic - all (apparently) good. Does anyone know what the pin connections to the motor are?

Having pulled the machine apart and found no obvious faults I find that there is a self diagnostic function on these machines! When I run it, it gives a fault code of E31 (Motor Triac) a component on the Power Module, I've managed to source one but have been advised that these need to be re-programmed before use. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back