Washing machine spinning very slowly!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my washing machine works but is only doing about 60 rpm! What can it be? Everything else is fine!
Is 4 yrs old. Is it ready for the scrap heap?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
my washer is doing the same thing and i have been trying to sort it out all day is doing my head in ! I think my problem is something to do with it being a bit unlevel but not sure with 3 kids washing mounts up really fast lol thing is it was working fine yesterday :rolleyes:

just a thought
clean out the filter or try a spin with an empty machine ??

i have done the empty spin thing and would check filter if i could find or even get to it any ideas on a hotpoint wt960 :oops:

Sponsored Links
Remove rear white cover then look for the black cup with a circlip round it.

i have done the empty spin thing and would check filter if i could find or even get to it any ideas on a hotpoint wt960 :oops:

my logic is sensor stopping it spinning because off high water level
how did the empty machine spin go?? was there excessive water that would grip the drum causing vibration and visible turbulence over the door??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back