Washing machine sticking during program?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

First post so hopefully following correct procedure.

Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express washing machine is not completing the set programme in the set time for some reason. Have tried a couple of different programmes with the same result - the machine continues to wash and the timer shows as 1 min remaining. This means the machine can only be used when we are on hand to stop it manually. To finish the wash we have to stop the current programme and begin the seperate rinse programme. The rinse programme finishes normally and the clothes are free of water.
At first I had thought it might be the programme board that was the problem, but am now thinking it may be something during the wash, rinse, spin and drain parts of the cycle thats preventing the programme to work properly. However as the rinse programme I manually use runs through to completion I am puzzled how any of the wash, rinse, spin and drain stages cannot be working on the original programme used. When I manually stop the wash programme there does seem to be some soapy water remaining which makes me think its the rinse stage thats the problem. The drum seems to turn normally during wash and spin. At the bottom front of machine there is a black pullout hose and seperate twist cap. Water can be drained from the black hose but the cap turns but doesn't seem to come off and I dont want to force it. I cannot find the manual (or download one) so cannot try cleaning any filter.

The machine is around 4 - 5 years old and already been fitted with a reconditioned drum a couple of years ago. Other than that it has been problem free. I was going to call out an engineer but am now thinking that if this was going to be a costly repair then I would be as well just buying another machine although would obviously prefer not to. Better things to spend cash on but I cannot restrict the use of the machine to times I am there to manually stop the programme.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The 1min on the display is a Bosch error state and could be a number of things.
If you are sure the machine is heating then it is likely a weak drain pump or blockage resulting in a timeout during a rinse cycle
This could be variable due to volume of water in drum depending on specific program and position in cycle.

You mention you cant turn the filter this means that there is an obstruction
across the filter and inlet/outlet pipes of the pump.
Pump needs to be removed/exchanged and is low cost (ebay)
This is an easy DIY....remove bottom kick plate (one screw) then remove
screw securing pump to chassis.
Tilt machine(eg against cupboard) to get access from underneath and then unclip power cable and both hoses.

May also be ......main control board

Take a good look at the pcb for burned/damaged soldering points on the heater relay (largest relay on the pcb).
1 min left standing is a fairly common issue on some Bosch machines & can often be tracked down to the above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back