washing machine waste hose query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've recently had a Miele washing machine installed on the first floor, and the waste hose goes into a standpipe next to it. The machine was sent with a curved plastic piece attached to the end of the waste hose, and various suggestions were offered as to how you could use this (hook to a tap to drain into sink etc.) My plumber pushed it into the standpipe but so little of this went down into the pipe that splashing occured. Then it began to slip out, and very luckily I noticed this when starting a wash and thus avoided a flood. The manual said you could remove this piece, so I did, and now have a normal hose I have put down into the standpipe about 6". I have used duct tape to tether the hose to the standpipe but after the close call am still worried about the hose coming out and flooding - I know it sounds unlikely, but... I have read about an adapter for the top of the standpipe that holds the waster hose in place and still allows air in, but I can't find one. Does anyone know about such a thing? Or am I worrying unnecessarily? I think everything is standard size - waste hose is 32mm and standpipe is 40mm.

Sponsored Links
move the hose further down the curved plastic pice, then put it on the standpipe, (so about 6 inches is down the stand pipe) thats what its for

move the hose further down the curved plastic pice, then put it on the standpipe, (so about 6 inches is down the stand pipe) thats what its for

Hi, I wasn't clear, the piece isn't one of those curved ones that holds the hose, it is actually hollow and the only option is to attach it to the end of the hose... if I can get hold of the other type that would probably solve the problem though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back