Washing machine waste pipe leaking at spigot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just hooked up a new washing machine and put it on a rinse cycle however when it’s draining, the water is leaking under the sink - where the waste pipe attaches to the spigot

I did have a jubilee clip on there that (that the old owners left on) but it didn’t work to stop the leak.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 123
Sponsored Links
I don't like Jubilee clips, because they tend to tighten and scrunch up what they are clamping in one corner, but you could try a new one, with some sort of lub, to allow it to tighten round the pipe more evenly. Fairy liquid might work as the lub, other point is not to over-tighten.

I have just a tie wrap on mine, check that the jubilee clip hasn't cut through the pipe, even though its new, also check that the adapter where it screws onto the down pipe isn't blocked.

You need to push the drain hose on further. Soften it up in a cup of boiling water then a little lubrication. Ideally you want to get it up onto the thicker section as much as you can.

If the spigot is too long then just cut some of the thinner section off with a hacksaw, don't forget to clean the cut section up and remove the trimmed residue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back