wasp? nest problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently noticed a lot of flying insects around a fuschia bush. Notr sure what they are, they look like thin wasps, without the bulge at the back. Anyway, upon closer inspection I found that they were coming out of a whole near the bush. It's about 8cm big. What can I do about it? Should I chuck something down there, if so what? Should I fill it with soil? should I chuck something down there and then fill it in? Also, when is the best time to do something? morning or evening? If anyone knows of a product I can get could they let me know the name.

I'd like to sort the problem out as quickly as possible. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
When I had a wasp nest in an airbrick, I spayed fly/wasp killer in & ran. Did this 3 or 4 times (when is was safe to return).

They are not doing any harm leave them alone they are good for the garden

If you fill it in it, you won't be trapping them; they will just find another way out. If it's really causing you problems, then take action, but if not, then leave well alone ;).

Sponsored Links
I should have mentioned the fuschia bush is near the front door, so whilst "they are doing no harm, " in that they are not biting people, Everyone walking up the drive gets a load of the little ******* swarming about them. I'm all for letting wildlife alone, but when I can't get into the house, or the car, without dozens of them coming in with me, it's time for some serious chemicals. Sorry.
bugle horn - send for the cavalry :evil:

Bees probably, they are some foreign type (probably Polish :LOL: )

I had some coming in and out of a hole next to the edge of the concrete slab my garage sits on, I let them bee.

Now several months on the bees have gone and I've seen a mouse come and go in the same hole, maybe he ate the bees?

Deluks said:
Bees probably, they are some foreign type (probably Polish :LOL: )

I had some coming in and out of a hole next to the edge of the concrete slab my garage sits on, I let them bee.

Now several months on the bees have gone and I've seen a mouse come and go in the same hole, maybe he ate the bees?

How does it go, there was an old lady who ....... :LOL:

if you can leave them alone then do so.
they will attack you if you mess with the nest or even go too close
if they are a problem get the local pest control to come and deal with it as wasps stings can be poisonous to a lot of people
i should know i got stung twice in 1 day and ended up very unwell

I had a wasps nest being built in my loft and they were gaining access through one of the weatherboards above my front door, (I live in a bungalow) I went to my local hardware shop and got some powder, applied it at night when they were all in the nest and they pick it up on them when the soldiers leave in the morning and then take it back into the nest which destroys the nest within two days I no longer had a probelm and when I got into the loft there wasn't a wasp to be seen, I must admit I wasn't to concerned if the wasps survived survived or not as I have a friend who is allergic to their sting and I have already had to give her an adrenalin injection when we were out and she got stung

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back