Waste hose too short.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased a slimline indesit dishwasher but the wate hose is too short. Should i buy a longer hose or extend the existing one? If buying a new one how do i remove the one thats in the machine already? Don't want to yank it out and damage something. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Why cant you extend the waste pipe :?:
By that i dont mean the flexi outlet hose

Waste hose extension pieces are available but the best way is to remove the hose from the pump inside the washing machine and fit a longer hose.
Sometimes this hose is held on to the pump with a jubilee clip but more often a spring version of a jubilee clip is used and you will need a 8" or sometimes 10" pair of waterpump pliers and a bit of strength

Sponsored Links
Dont have the equipment so would rather extend the hose. Whats the best way to do this and what do i need. Cheers

youve just been given 2 options, do you expect to be able to do it without any tools? :confused: well the first option you could

deekoo, how short is the hose?.
Iam thinking it must be possible to put a wash machine trap in the existing waste pipe and cut the verticle pipe to suit.

If not cut a piece of the outlet hose go down to the local plumbers merchants and get a suitable pipe and coupling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back