Waste pipe size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm moving a kitchen, and have an 8m waste run from dishwasher and sink to the soil stack, with a 90 deg bend and a dog leg round a chimmney stack.

Should I be using 40mm, or 50mm with AAV?

Sponsored Links
40 mm, you can get an anti-syphon trap for your sink. as for aav your soil stack should be either vented or durgoed (aav) so not needed

Max run with a 40mm pipe from a single stack SVP is 3M.

Considering it's a Kitchen & the normal problems with blockages with grease etc(not that I'm suggesting you're a salad dodger)....I'd recommend 50mm.
HTH

its supposed be a max of 2.5/3metre run before uping the pipe size so i would go with the 2'' (50mm). it would be better for blockages etc, people put allsorts down the kitchen sink!

Sponsored Links
its supposed be a max of 2.5/3metre run before uping the pipe size so i would go with the 2'' (50mm). it would be better for blockages etc, people put allsorts down the kitchen sink!

How did you get on with your boiler repair training at Cardonald 'ismellgas'?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back