Waste Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
In the process of my bathroom refit and have got to the point where i need to drill 2 holes through the wall, one for the basin waste (32mm) and a bath waste (40mm). A couple of questions on this.
1) what size should the holes be (do they need to be two different sizes?)
2) what tool do i need for this? I have an SDS plus drill which has two hole cutters but the shank on it isn't going to be able to get through the entire wall. Not too sure if i can get an extension piece that will fit the thread though
3) I have seen these big cylinder cutters, are they what i need for this?
L

Sponsored Links
1) what size should the holes be (do they need to be two different sizes?)
The hole sizes require to be slightly larger than the pipe outer diameter, they can be both formed using the larger core, but you will require to some more sealing an generally looks untidy.
2) what tool do i need for this? I have an SDS plus drill which has two hole cutters but the shank on it isn't going to be able to get through the entire wall. Not too sure if i can get an extension piece that will fit the thread though
You will not use the hammer action for hole coring, use it on rotation only, 300mm extensions can be purchased. The one important thing is your drill suitable for coring as not all are, but you can hire them.
3) I have seen these big cylinder cutters, are they what i need for this?
If you are talking about core drills, for a nice neat hole yes, but you can stitch drill and knock out with chisel if you wish.

Many thanks, I assume that my drill is suitable only because there are two core drills in the box. Just seen a core drill set for £60 which comes with a 38mm and a 52mm which i think will have to do (also comes with the extension bits too)
What would be the best size drill for my needs though? I think 38mm would be good for the 32mm one but not sure if 52mm is going to be too big for the 40mm one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back