Waste to soil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening...

Im installing (well trying to) a downstairs lav..

Now the sink waste is miles away from the upstairs waste and the only thing close is the soil piping.

Can you connect a 32mil waste to the soil pipe? Or do I have to create a maze around the soil pipe and connect to the waste?

If its allowed/possible are there standard fittings, as screwfix and such like don't appear to stock?

Cheers in advance....

Sponsored Links
Yes u can do it ,If its plastic soil stack its easy if its cast iron its a bit harder. You must use a deep seal trap I recomend a 1 1/4" aniti vac bottle or P trap. Best if u go to a local plumbers merchants in dirty clothes asking 4 exactly what u want (pay less) and the quality will be better.u need a 110mm strap with a 1 1/4 boss. U need to decide if u r gona glue the pipe or use push fit. push fit is very DIY. Glue it its simple.The u want ya 1 1/4 pipe & 90 degree bends & clips etc.

Its push fit mate.. I think I understand... the soil pipe runs (virtually) horizontal just below where the waste comes out.

The only plumbing I've done before is...well actually I never have!!

I had a plumber in, but he was bloody useless, too busy getting stoned on the job instead of working.. and now I've run out of cash to pay for another!

At least he's drillled the holes for the soil and waste...and run the waste to the main waste for upstairs.... I think he forgot about the sink!!!!!

Thanks......

Sponsored Links
My M8 is in Surrey..if you get really stuck, and you`re near Guildford ;) my eMail is in my profile

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back