Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a quick question, I have ripped my bathroom out and need to move my basin, the waste goes from the soil pipe, to the basin to the bath, so it’s in inch and a half to the tee at the basin, then reduced down to inch and a quarter, to cut a long story short I have cut the inch and a half pipe near the soil pipe, I have solvent weld fittings, they fit on the pipe that I cut, would they not fit on the pipe if it was push fit pipe? I just don’t want a leak

Sponsored Links
Solvent weld fittings would be a very slack fit on push fit pipe ,and snug fit on s/weld pipe.

If it says pp it's push fit, abs or upvc are solvent. Also as above the external diameter for 1.5 inch is 40mm for push fit and 43mm for solvent.

Sponsored Links
Can you post a pic of what's there/what you've cut out. Should be able to tell from the pic what type you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back