Water board turning off water - notify in advance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is long and complictaed so I won't go into the full details behind it, but my mother's neighbour is due to have some work done on his water pipe (it currently goes via another property THEN to the mains pipe, he is having it connected directly to the mains pipe).

Anyhow, he is saying that the water board MAY need to temporarily turn off the mains water not only to his property (of course) but also to both of his neighbours' properties, my mother being one neighbour.

Presumably any temporary temination of the water supply should come directly from the water board, giving a date and times when the water is likely to be off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, thought as much.

Should she expect at least a few days advance notice, either in the form of a letter or a phone call?

Sponsored Links
Thats what water and electricity are MEANT to do!

The reality is that they dont bother unless its major pipe renewal.

Their getout is the small print that says they can turn it off at any time in an emergency or if they need to for safety or to effect an urgent repair.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back