Water Butt Overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our water butt overflows, I need it to stop filling at the level of the filling hole.

IMG_20230708_170335.jpg

That's the current arrangement, I know I need to shorten the hose but I've left it long until I get the divertor in the correct position.

Does the divertor need lowering or raising from it's current position, it's just about level currently as you can see from following the mortar line.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
suspect it will be as simple as a blockage or restriction allowing oveflow

Id need to remove the divertor to check if it's blocked but the pipework isn't, so is the divertor height about right?

A second thought is to fit another pipe at the max level I want and feed it back into the downpipe below the divertor, so when it overfills the excess will be fed back into the downpipe

Sponsored Links
The upper hole in the tank is higher than the diverter so the water should back up along the hose to overflow into the downpipe via the diverter rather than back up in the water butt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back