Water down tundish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can I have some advice please?

1pbh54.jpg

Water is being expelled down the tundish B on my sealed system. The pressure vessel A was replaced about a year ago and is holding pressure, and sounds empty and hollow, so I don't think it's the PV. The water expelled is cold.

What could be wrong please? Is it the Inlet Control Set below the white PV? What about the Pressure & Temperature Relief Valve attached to the cylinder?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it's constant it will be your pressure reducing valve

It is not piped exactly correctly as the tun dish should be within 500 mm of the T&P valve.

Work on unventeds should only be done by someone who holds the appropriate certificate.

So the advice might be to call in someone qualified.

They should also be serviced every year.

Tony

It is not piped exactly correctly as the tun dish should be within 500 mm of the T&P valve.

Work on unventeds should only be done by someone who holds the appropriate certificate.

So the advice might be to call in someone qualified.

They should also be serviced every year.

Tony

It's 600mm tony ;)

Sponsored Links
Probably superceded by now. I'd leave that responsibility to the fitter to be honest to make sure the pressures are correct or ring a company like advance water who will give the correct replacement from a description of the old one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back