water flow noise at night

Sponsored Links
My own property shares an incoming supply with two neighbours. So the arrangement is one stopcock in the pavement, a supply to the rear where it branches and then individual back garden stopcocks to each house.

The reason I post is because our houses share a common main I can her when they use water especially at night when it is quiet. The noise I get is not constant, simply the sound of water in pipes when some-one runs a tap or something. At night when the pressure is highest one of my neighbours gets water hammer when turning off a tap!

It is possible that what you hear is nothing more than other people using the supply, but a leak is suspect if the noise is constant.

Thats what I thought initially but I'm talking constant noise at times like 1am,2am,3am and later and any time in-between.....if it was someone using their toilet or turning on a tap I wouldn't expect to hear it constantly.....the more I think about it the more I think there is a problem somewhere.....OH says leave it and let someone else report it......he's afraid of incurring costs but as I explained surely if the problem was ours it wouldn't matter who reported it....the cost would still be down to us if indeed it is our cost

Sponsored Links
He will know all about incurring costs when a huge hole appears and half your garden or a corner of your house drops in. Get the water board out pronto, if the leak isn't in your house they won't charge you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back