water pressure for boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, after much debate about which combi boiler to go for, i think i may have a problem with the water pressure. i read on one of the topics that if you fill a bucket up from the cold water tap from the sink and check how long it takes to get a litre, but it didn't say how long it should actually take, could anyone advise. many thanks. dave

Sponsored Links
get a bucket and a stopwatch. run the tap fully open for one minute and see how many litres are in the bucket. This will give you the litres per minute. I use a weir gauge for this, you could buy one instead.

thanks for the fast reply. how many litres should i be getting in the 1 minute time scale ?

thanks for the fast reply. how many litres should i be getting in the 1 minute time scale ?
If you want a combi I would be looking for 20+ . Bear in mind this will have to supply hot AND cold simultaneously.

Sponsored Links
have just run the cold water tap from the sink and only gained in a 1 minute period about 7.5 litres. if this is know good for a combi how do i increase it ?

have just run the cold water tap from the sink and only gained in a 1 minute period about 7.5 litres. if this is know good for a combi how do i increase it ?

7.5 is very poor. I would ensure all stopcocks etc are fully open and if still the same forget a combi or unvented cylinder. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back