water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my bathroom has just been replumbed.i have a pumped shower, a bath with monobloc fittings and a wash basin with the same .the hot water pressure is almost non existent...so it would appear its a low pressure system....do you think it would be more cost effective for me to change both sets of taps or 'pump' both circuits?

Sponsored Links
pump both hot and cold this way they would be at the same pressure, with the same flow rates.

some taps are made for high pressure.. was the pressure better with the old taps ?

Sponsored Links
check if the plumber has put in any isolation valves, best to use full bore ones, the standard ones reduce the Cross sectional area through the pipe so could possibly cause a slight loss in pressure. Also new mixer taps (normally the cheaper ones) have much smaller connection pipes up to the taps this can give you quite a pressure drop especially on the hot water if its gravity fed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back