Water softener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a very limey area in Dorset.

Wondering what people would recommend for a water softener?

Fitting a new kitchen and really don't want stuff getting scummy.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Eddy electric water descaler is highly recommended. It is a fantastic product in my opinion because it aids the detergent in your washing machine, dishwasher, bathtub, and shower in increasing moisture and hence cleaning. Any calcium buildup around the sink, shower, and toilet is far less than it would be without Eddy, and it cleans off easily.

I know at work we are installing water softeners to extend the maintenance period for major boiler re-fits. It needs careful setting up, and we have pallets of salt etc used in the plants, but all the chemicals cost, for us the boilers are old, 1906 to 1925 they were built and clearly to maintain such old heritage stuff is costly, so well worth while, but not so sure in the home.

I note my dish washer has a test when commissioning to set the salt dose, clearly this would need redoing if a plant is put in, but I know the water filter fitted to my fridge door never got changed, so likely made the water less potable not better. So the question is are you willing to pay for the chemicals and renew filters? Look at running cost before you fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back