Water Under House

There is a manhole at the rear of the house on the driveway before the garage (garage in back garden), then another manhole at the front of the driveway before the pavement.

The driveway is appox 3m wide and 12m long approx and the drain pipe runs up the middle, so it is approx 1.5m from the house.

Id need to lift them to check depth but one at the rear is appox just over 1m deep and the one at the front prob just under approx 2m deep from what I remember.

I'll look at some companies to see about replacing and cost to dig up, its not monoblock, its 2x3 slabs and stones, the pipe runs under the stones.

Sponsored Links
Rather than excavate + new drain, may be worth looking into a "Re-Lining" of the existing drain, not cheap, but cheaper than a new drain.

But first, if it were me, another CCTV survey

Ken

Not heard of re lining but can look into it.

What would another CCTV survey achieve out of interested as I thought the common opinion was that CCTV is not enough to find leaks. From the last CCTV there was no clear visible damage, cracks or break, I watch the whole thing on the guys monitor also, he said there were in good condition for the age.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back