waterproofer for existing plaster and between wall copings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi want to apply some form of waterproofer to a wall that is already rendered.
Also want to do same to a block wall that is capped (between the cappings the mortar is allowing water into the wall.
Anyone recommend a product?
Cheers,
Marty.

Sponsored Links
Hi noseall...

I have a dampspot inside the wall high up and the most likely cause (i think) is the mortar between the wall caps is letting a drop of water in.

There is a dpc under the caps and if water was getting to the dpc and ran off it towards the inside wall it could be causing my dampspot.

Its not a straightforward wall...its a twin leaf wall and the cavity is closed with a large block on its side, wallplate on top of the inside wall..then gutter then ~12" of a parapet wall.(with the caps i mention)
all the flashings are spot on and the gutter i put in is one piece and really cant be leaking so i think water is getting in between the caps down thru the wal and across the block that closes the cavity...and in!!
Cheers,
Marty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back